The Bread Bar
- Food & Beverage/Catering
- Restaurants & Specialty Dining
When you have a dream that just won’t quit, it’s hard to let it go, which is why Klaus and Karla Perkins hung in there. Their dream of helping others get and stay healthy has manifested in several ways and continues to surprise even them!
About Klaus’ Bread
Those of you who are familiar with Klaus’ bread already know how exceptionally delicious it is. Peanut butter liberally spread on his toasted cinnamon bread is a heavenly experience. The dense, rich texture of his breads makes each slice almost a meal by itself. Currently, his breads are not gluten free.
• no eggs, no butter, no dairy at all
• only pure coconut palm sugar is used
• all grains are ground as needed
• grains are not all organic but those that are include, rye, spelt, red spring wheat and * einkorn
• white flour when used is unbleached and unbromated
• the secret ingredient (which as of now, is no secret) is passion. Klaus loves his bread!
* The gluten in einkorn lacks the high molecular weight proteins that many people can’t digest. If you are sensitive to modern wheat, einkorn may provide a delicious alternative. Einkorn does contain gluten and is not ok for those with celiac disease.
The Bread Bar isn't just about bread. The store also hosts playshops. Meet & Eats where health classes and tastings occur. Karla is a certified plant-based nutrition coach who works one-on-one with her clients, as well as groups, to come up with an easy to follow life-changing program to get and stay healthy.